When we asked residents to support longer opening hours, we promised new measures to control noise. We are now asking the Council to approve a Noise Action Plan that includes:
- A defined noise limit for the first time - half that previously envisaged by the Council in 1997.
- Online noise monitoring and flight path tracking for every flight, enabling residents to hold the airport to account.
- Noise measures reviewed every 5 years based on tracking system evidence.
- Tighter controls on light aircraft - no fly zones and a ban on summer weekend circuit training before 9am and after 5pm.
- Raising arrival and departure routes to keep aircraft higher wherever possible.